Galaxy Rangers Super Nintendo Game
Sometime around 1993, Nintendo didn't create the most anticipated game in the known galaxy titled The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System! Programmed by Yao, the game became a cult classic among GR fans instantly.
The packaging featured the prototypical Nintendo boxing and included a manual with instructions and never to be seen artwork.
Set after the year 2086, you play as any one of the Series 5 Rangers and save the galaxy from the evil Queen of the Crown! The adventure travels from Earth to Tortuna and many classic Galaxy Ranger settings in between. The original beta version came with a complete set of Galaxy Ranger action figures, however to cut costs on packaging the figures were left out.
FPS and Space Sim
The hybrid of first person shooter and space flight sim game play was ahead of its time, featuring state of the art imagery for a 16-bit gaming system.
Secrets and Cheats
- Zachary Foxx's Thunderbolt is triggered by [Down, Down-Forward, Forward + Punch]
- Hold L+R+X+Y+Up to play the credits music and jam out
- Password 2086 2086 2086 - allow hyperdrives on all ships and ride-able items (including the cybersteeds)
- Successfully decrypting the BSOD-like data screen allowed the player to the play entire game as Buzzwang.
Badge of Power Unlock
Here is how to get the legendary "Badge of Power" permanently, and without a cheating device!
- Playing as Zachary Foxx, fly to Tortuna and look for a small circular domes off the immediate landing pads. You'll know its the right dome if you are in a trench with Niko surrounded by starstones.
- After that, Save the Game with Niko.
- Immediately after, do a soft reset (L + R + Select + Start).
- Start a New Game, and get to the Sensation Doll fighting as few (i.e. none) crown agents as possible. When you and Goose run into the tower, wait for him to say "Zach, Thunderbolt, can you tap?!"
- WHILE THIS TEXT IS ON THE SCREEN, perform another soft reset. BE SURE TO HOLD THOSE FOUR BUTTONS FOR 5+ SECONDS.
When you get back to the title screen, load the game you saved with Niko in Tortuna. If you did the trick correctly, all four of your characters will be in the tower fighting the Mangler! (If you did it wrong, you'll stare at a blank black screen and the game will freeze) Kill the weak boss (the Linebackers...), and collect your "1st" badge again. Doc will pull you out and Commander Walsh will call you to his office. Rather than risk a demotion, call Buzzwang and take the first flight to BETA Mountain.
You now have the item that Lazarus Slade desired most, the Badge of Power, at your disposal and the combined powers of all four Series 5 Rangers!
Thank you very much to @Yao for the use of his custom images and we hope you enjoyed the "the game that never was!"