Johnny Vancouver

Rabbi Bob's Random Research Reports
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Johnny Vancouver

Post by RabbiBob »

Aside from a recent tweet and a random YouTube video desc, is there a definitive link between Johnny Vancouver and John Von Tongeren?
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Re: Johnny Vancouver

Post by MaryNiko »

What do you mean? They are the same person: John Van Tongeren is the stage name:

https://genius.com/Johnny-vancouver-no- ... ory-lyrics

And This link is good:

https://worldgeeklynews.com/music/when- ... v-collide/
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

Thanks.

For what I meant: link 1 is not proof, it is just a lyric sheet and a name. Link 2 is more towards proof.

When I saw the tweet, I didn't have time to go look and I figured Id forget it.

:D
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

RabbiBob wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:21 pm Thanks.

For what I meant: link 1 is not proof, it is just a lyric sheet and a name. Link 2 is more towards proof.

When I saw the tweet, I didn't have time to go look and I figured Id forget it.

:D te
This is not very official, but it appears to be a quote from John Van Tongeren in a statement:

https://www.likeitis93.com/von-ghostbus ... ickintros/
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Post by Mark Lungo »

Here's the Google translation of the Galaxy Rangers section of the article. Reposted here because the description of our heroes is hilarious.
Take the Galaxy Rangers, for example. Gun-happy Texans conquer space and save pretty much every ass under the motto "No Guts, No Glory". Between 1986 and 1989 the series was broadcast in the United States. In March 1991, the Galaxy Rangers also came to Germany thanks to Tele 5. If anything, most will remember the spectacular intro. In a forum I discovered the post of a fan who emailed one of the song composers asking about the singer. John Van Tongeren's answer was as follows: "It's me, actually. I wrote and sang it. Johnny Vancouver was my stage name. Funny stuff. "
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

Lately I have read many opinions against GR, despising the work done at that time.
White is white, and black is black: it is indisputable that GR is different from other cartoons, because of the introduction, because of the graphics, because of the theme, because of the infinite characters that appear, because of the innovation ... it is one thing that You don't like it, which I respect, and another thing is to deny the obvious.
I don't like to share that kind of opinions, some are funny even to me because they show ignorance about the GR background. others are offensive. But it is true that most agree that their intro is spectacular. Just see that. :(
RojDojRanger
Gherkin

Post by RojDojRanger »

MaryNiko wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:40 pm ... it is one thing that You don't like it, which I respect, and another thing is to deny the obvious.
I don't like to share that kind of opinions, some are funny even to me because they show ignorance about the GR background. others are offensive. But it is true that most agree that their intro is spectacular. Just see that. :(
It's a real shame that vinegar gets more social media likes than honey these days. All we can do as fans is give positive comments to those who express themselves without bowing to the "being cleverly cutthroat is just good business" mentality... So, Johnny Vancouver's twitter account is @JohnnyVancouver ?
To paraphrase my RojRule #3: Save the Bovo 6 poop for the cow pastures--not my Star Boots...
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

Nice find... judging by a check of that accounts followers and who its following... yes! (See the other VT's).