New cadet reporting for duty [TV Stations]

Discussions about the series itself.
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Re: Nuevo informe de cadete para el deber

Post by MaryNiko »

RabbiBob wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:09 am Check this out (saw it in an eBay auction where the person is selling home recorded VHS tapes):

I am going to edit the Subject of this post, there's a substantial amount of useful info in it for the series!
🤔😂👍👏👏
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Re: New cadet reporting for duty [TV Stations]

Post by Mark Lungo »

Thanks for sharing that image, Bob! Link to the seller, please?
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

It's past, can't recall it right now. I usually just scroll through the ebay links I have posted on the main site and look at things in passing.
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

I moved this topic to The Series area (there's a pointer from Introductions) as it has important information about the Syndications, etc.

Question for Mark:

https://twitter.com/taldiacomhui/status ... 0589541517
taldiacomhui wrote:al 1989 es va estrenar a #Canal9 la sèrie 'Les aventures dels guardians de la galàxia'. S'emetia de dilluns a divendres a les 19:30 després de l'avanç de programació d'inici. Canal 9 emetia programació de 19:30 fins a la mitjanit.
Any issue with adding this to the listing or I can start a new table (not even sure what info goes in the new table) if it sits outside of "syndication".

Use Canal9 for the call letters or Canal and put 9 in the channel column or ??
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

I'm going to explain a little how we operate in Spain: let's say that the country is divided into 19 'states' where Spanish is spoken. And of those, there are 4 states where a regional language is also spoken.

Well, in Valencia, where Valencian is spoken, any series were not dubbed because there is another very similar language from a neighboring state that did dub everything on TV and we watched TV in Valencia with that similar language.

And around that time, they began to dub the series in Valencian as well... and GR is one of the few series broadcast only on the local channel here, Channel 9, and dubbed only into Valencian (it was not dubbed in the other similar language , the Catalan).

That is the unusual news.
GR arrived in Spain in Latin Spanish, from Latin America, it was dubbed into Spanish and Valencian (in the other 3 languages, it was not dubbed).
Let's say that the Catalan and Valencian languages are like UK and American English.

I don't know if it has helped you understand how important this dubbing of the series into Valencian was.
In fact, people here wanted Spanish DVDs to include dubbing into Valencian, with the most famous and recognized voices from here, in addition to Latin Spanish and English.
But it was not like that.
GR was very successful in Valencia
:niko:
*Latin Spanish and Spanish are not the same (it is like English, very similar but not the same, although we understand each other perfectly).
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

Gracias!

Ahora me doy cuenta de que "canal" = "channel" (english).

Aquí tenemos un designador de la emisora y luego el número del canal.

Ejemplo: WSBK es la emisora. El canal en el dial era el 38.

¿Es Canal9 el nombre de la emisora y el número del dial también es nueve?

----
I realize now that "canal" = "channel".

Here we have a designator for the broadcast station and then the number of the channel.

Example: WSBK is the broadcaster. The channel on the dial was 38.

Is Channel9 the broadcast name and the dial number is also nine?
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

RabbiBob wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:51 pm Gracias!

Ahora me doy cuenta de que "canal" = "channel" (english).

Aquí tenemos un designador de la emisora y luego el número del canal.

Ejemplo: WSBK es la emisora. El canal en el dial era el 38.

¿Es Canal9 el nombre de la emisora y el número del dial también es nueve?

----
I realize now that "canal" = "channel".

Here we have a designator for the broadcast station and then the number of the channel.

Example: WSBK is the broadcaster. The channel on the dial was 38.

Is Channel9 the broadcast name and the dial number is also nine?

No.
Here there are national stations for the entire country: within this group there are 2 free public channels, ( These channels are paid for by the government), and many private ones (some are also free, such as Tele 5, Energy, Boing... and others are paid, such as Canal+, Disney, Axn, Paramount...).

Canal= Channel.

Then there are the channels of the Autonomous Communities that are also free because the government of that specific region pays for it (the Spanish territory is divided into Autonomous Communities, which is similar to the States that exist in the USA) and that can only be tuned in that region (that 'state' or that autonomy).

Each channel has a name, some channels also have a number, but that number means nothing: In Valencia there was never a 'Channel 8'.

It is difficult to explain this in a few words.
In Valencia there is 'Canal 9' ( Channel 9), in Madrid there is 'Tele Madrid', in Catalonia there is 'TV3' and 'Canal 33', in Andalusia there is 'Canal Sur'...
There are autonomies that do not have any channel of their own in that region. And there are others that have several.

Here in Valencia we cannot see the Tele Madrid channel because we are from different autonomies (or 'States') and it cannot be tuned.
Each autonomy can only tune to its own channel.

Phew! What a geography and politics class I have given you!

*I tried to put names and examples that you may recognize.

In summary: GR was first broadcast on the regional stations that bought the broadcasting rights in 1989 (1º TeleMadrid, then TeleGalicia, then Canal 9... A year later, GR was broadcast on the 2 public national stations and that is when it was broadcast for the entire country; GR was never broadcast on private stations (neither free nor paid).

The dial number and the channel number are not linked. The dial of Channel 9 is not 9.

And I... I understand that you have not understood me.
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Post by Mark Lungo »

RabbiBob wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:07 am I moved this topic to The Series area (there's a pointer from Introductions) as it has important information about the Syndications, etc.

Question for Mark:

https://twitter.com/taldiacomhui/status ... 0589541517
taldiacomhui wrote:al 1989 es va estrenar a #Canal9 la sèrie 'Les aventures dels guardians de la galàxia'. S'emetia de dilluns a divendres a les 19:30 després de l'avanç de programació d'inici. Canal 9 emetia programació de 19:30 fins a la mitjanit.
Any issue with adding this to the listing or I can start a new table (not even sure what info goes in the new table) if it sits outside of "syndication".

Use Canal9 for the call letters or Canal and put 9 in the channel column or ??
Good to be back! Anyway, I personally would starts new table, but since this is your site adding to the existing listing is also fine with me.
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

https://betamountain.org/index.php/Synd ... World_Wide

How is that (and if it's incorrect, let me know!)?
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

WoW! You understand me! Bravo!👏🏻👏🏻
But you must put Country=Spain; place, location= Valencia, Madrid, Galicia...

I also have other countries, like France, Chile, Mexico, Germany, UK... if you are interested.

*Thank you, reading that in BM It was very exciting for me.