[Research] Koch becomes Entertainment One - Now Hasbro [2019 August]

Rabbi Bob's Random Research Reports
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Re: [Research] Koch becomes Entertainment One

Post by MaryNiko »

they are screenshots of the episodes ... there is no sound or text. Why do you ask questions if THIS is in Spanish? the episode's name is captured in English ...
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

I misunderstood (a summary is usually a writing).

:)
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

Mark Lungo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:02 pm I know that eOne tried to revive GR in 2011. Are they doing anything with the property now? Any plans for American Blu-rays, for instance?
If "Hasbro" has bought E-one ... and E-one had the rights of Galaxy Rangers among others ... I imagine it's good, right?
I mean that we cannot go worse: as bad ... we will not remain the same, that is, without any movement. Maybe, they may remember that GR exists and ... who knows! the same is more feasible a remake, a reboot ... that's my mission: when my dream comes true ... I promise to stop martyring people with GR and I'll leave you alone :-)

https://newsroom.hasbro.com/news-releas ... d=72470544
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

Mark Lungo wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 am
RabbiBob wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:20 pm The best that I have pieced together was that Grant Gould did some concept artwork for the characters and it didn't get off the ground from there. I believe the page I found is no longer online that had some vague details on it, if I find the URL, I'll post it.
Apparently Gould discontinued his blog, but his GR designs are still available at his Deviant Art page.
I forgot to post the link:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120715225 ... ngers.html
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Re: [Research] Koch becomes Entertainment One - Now Hasbro [2019 August]

Post by RabbiBob »

MaryNiko wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:20 pm
Mark Lungo wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:02 pm I know that eOne tried to revive GR in 2011. Are they doing anything with the property now? Any plans for American Blu-rays, for instance?
If "Hasbro" has bought E-one ... and E-one had the rights of Galaxy Rangers among others ... I imagine it's good, right?
I mean that we cannot go worse: as bad ... we will not remain the same, that is, without any movement. Maybe, they may remember that GR exists and ... who knows! the same is more feasible a remake, a reboot ... that's my mission: when my dream comes true ... I promise to stop martyring people with GR and I'll leave you alone :-)

I heard the Peppa pig thing (I have vague knowledge of Peppa, my daughter... much more) and I didn't pay attention to the companies involved, nice catch MaryNiko!!

More of the same:

CMPA (formerly CFTPA) Signatory Producers 2015 to 2017 (extended to June 30, 2019) Animation up to April 9, 2019 - Unsure when these get updated -> Entertainment One Television Productions Ltd for ""Galaxy Rangers""
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Post by Mark Lungo »

As of now, nobody knows what to think of this news. It's clear that Hasbro's main interest is in Peppa Pig, which is an international cash cow. (Or should that be cash pig?) The company probably also has plans for the popular PJ Masks cartoon, another eOne property which hasn't been mentioned here. They might not even realize that they own Galaxy Rangers yet (assuming that eOne still had the rights at the time of purchase). But if Hasbro does own Rangers now, what (if anything) will they do with the property, assuming they decide to hang on to it? They've already created a comic book universe for most of their franchises; will Rangers become part of it? Will the Rangers be introduced into the cinematic universe that Hasbro is working on? A new cartoon would be nice too. However, it's just too soon to know. Maybe we could contact Hasbro and ask them to clarify the status of Rangers?

P.S. Apropos of nothing, eOne also owns the catalog of gangsta rap label Death Row Records! I wonder if Hasbro will keep it or sell it? It's hardly on brand for them.
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Post by Mark Lungo »

So, four months and no news? That's (probably) not good.
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

Mark Lungo wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:05 pm So, four months and no news? That's (probably) not good.
There are rumors that the 80s cartoon series that Hasbro is going to take to the big screen are the Power Rangers. There is even talk of the Knights of the Zodiac.
I imagine that the GR do not have enough audience today for a reboot, a movie or something similar.
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Post by Mark Lungo »

MaryNiko wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:02 pm There are rumors that the 80s cartoon series that Hasbro is going to take to the big screen are the Power Rangers. There is even talk of the Knights of the Zodiac.
I imagine that the GR do not have enough audience today for a reboot, a movie or something similar.
You're probably right. :| However, if Hasbro isn't intersted in the Rangers, I hope they'll let Robert Mandell have the rights back.
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

MaryNiko wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:20 pm

Ok.
This looks like a soap opera!

Has Lionsgate bought from Hasbro the part of E-one that Hasbro bought a few years ago?

Let us remember that E-one was one of the producers of GR, with Gaylord, Transcom Media, ITT enterprises and Mandell himself.
Now, who has the rights to the series?
I just want to buy them to make a continuation and give the series and the fans the ending they deserve... and I don't know who to buy from!

https://www.infobae.com/malditos-nerds/ ... owjackets/