While Researching Galaxy Rangers Ownership I Found A WTF Moment On Robert Mandell Wikipedia Page...

General discussion area for media related items.

Take a care in regards to spoilers!
RojDojRanger
Gherkin

While Researching Galaxy Rangers Ownership I Found A WTF Moment On Robert Mandell Wikipedia Page...

Post by RojDojRanger »

While I was researching G.R.'s ownership saga I noticed this sentence on the Robert Mandell Wikipedia page as of 7-12-2020. (Did I spell "Mandell" correctly? The spellcheck is indicating I didn't). This sentence was pulled directly from the history page of the Robert Mandell Wikipedia Page. It's actually from a 2019 version of the Page but the current 2020 Page still shows the basic sentence. I have edited out the tech page info(font size, etc.) for easier reading.

Projects included producing a TV series based on Larry Niven's novel ''Ringworld,'' as well as a two-volume manga adaptation based on Ringworld, a film adaptation of the ''Avalon'' book series, and a re-imagined live action TV series based on the ''Galaxy Rangers''.

My reading comprehension isn't perfect, but doesn't that sentence state that there was a live-action G.R. series made? Perhaps in Hollywood industry code "projects" are merely ideas and not actual creations of art. Here is what the sentence stated in 2018 before this 2019 page was edited.

Current projects include producing a feature film based on Larry Niven's novel ''Ringworld,'' a feature film based on the "Avalon: Web of Magic" book series and a new TV series based on the ''Galaxy Rangers''.

I'm looking for opinions if the current "projects included" is an accurate sentence or if it should be changed in some way.
Galaxy Editors, GGOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
To paraphrase my RojRule #3: Save the Bovo 6 poop for the cow pastures--not my Star Boots...
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Re: While Researching Galaxy Rangers Ownership I Found A WTF Moment On Robert Mandell Wikipedia Page...

Post by RabbiBob »

IIRC, "current" was 2011 or so. Grant Gould had some concept art and the project didn't take off.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30&p=372&hilit=Gould#p372
RojDojRanger
Gherkin

Re: While Researching Galaxy Rangers Ownership I Found A WTF Moment On Robert Mandell Wikipedia Page...

Post by RojDojRanger »

I understood that the artwork was for a graphic novel concept not a live action series--I'm still wondering if the sentence in question is phrased in a past tense project completed or just conceptualized.
To paraphrase my RojRule #3: Save the Bovo 6 poop for the cow pastures--not my Star Boots...
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

well, you can't trust everything published. Look at this link:
https://toynewsi.com/1-6102
in it they assure that Red Sky, owned by Robert Mandell, and Hiperchild have reached an agreement for a new release of GR and will soon make a multitude of figures, to the height of this show. Year 2005.
Will this be in another galaxy? because we are in 2020 ... did they stop the clock or perhaps I have crossed a different line of time than theirs? because I aged 25 years!
There has been no official news at this time: GR lives on only in our heads.

My madness for GR is coming to an end: if they did nothing at the beginning of the 21st century, with the boom in the release of DVDs, now they are not going to do it. We are in a battle where the war was already lost before we started fighting.
RojDojRanger
Gherkin

Post by RojDojRanger »

With Hasbro in the midst of building a Hasbro Cinematic Universe NOW is the most likely time yet for The Adventures Of The Galaxy Rangers to get a revival! Even if a live-action story never happens the odds of a comic book adaptation is still likely. So many 1980's concepts have been turned into a comic book miniseries it's just a matter of time... Do you think this wiki sentence I found needs to be edited to convey accuracy?
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

RojDojRanger wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:26 pm I understood that the artwork was for a graphic novel concept not a live action series--I'm still wondering if the sentence in question is phrased in a past tense project completed or just conceptualized.
I think it was for TV based on the following:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120715225 ... ngers.html
At this moment, I have no additional info as to what the status of the project is, when or if it'll actually make it to TV, etc.
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

RojDojRanger wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:02 pm Projects included producing a TV series based on Larry Niven's novel ''Ringworld,'' as well as a two-volume manga adaptation based on Ringworld, a film adaptation of the ''Avalon'' book series, and a re-imagined live action TV series based on the ''Galaxy Rangers''.
Wikipedia wrote: Current projects include producing a feature film based on Larry Niven's novel ''Ringworld,'' a feature film based on the "Avalon: Web of Magic" book series and a new TV series based on the ''Galaxy Rangers''.
RojDojRanger wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:02 pm I'm looking for opinions if the current "projects included" is an accurate sentence or if it should be changed in some way.
I apologize, I missed the specific question you were asking (side tracked by history!). I think you're fine with your approach.