Suggestion for this forum: Ranger smilies!

Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Suggestion for this forum: Ranger smilies!

Post by Mark Lungo »

One of my other fandoms is SWAT Kats, and I post on the fan forum Megakat City. That forum includes a lengthy thread where people make their own smilies featuring the series' characters. I think we should do something like that here--create smilies of the Rangers, their friends and foes. Opinions, anyone?
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Re: Suggestion for this forum: Ranger smilies!

Post by MaryNiko »

Well ... I already have some screenshots of the series that I have to use as emoticons, but ... how do you make one?
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Post by Mark Lungo »

MaryNiko wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:09 am Well ... I already have some screenshots of the series that I have to use as emoticons, but ... how do you make one?
I have no idea. I guess I should find out!
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

:badge: I have no :elma: idea what :gv: you're talking :pathfinder: about...

Whatever you come up with, try for 32x32 as the end result. I might consider bigger, but not much bigger. You can add them to a post (like here) and I can add them if they pass.

(I had those from my Windows 98 Desktop Theme)
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Post by Mark Lungo »

These are cool, Bob! :badge: And I'm glad they've been added to the generic smilies. :elma: And while these four are a great start, I hope to see more in the future. :gv: For example, if someone could make smilies of the Rangers, that would be great. :pathfinder: Ideally, like the SWAT Kats forum, we would have at least one smilie for each major character, with the most popular ones getting mutliple smilies, some of which would be animated. :D
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

Lol.
Awesome.
Cool.
I want more, many more.
Killbane
Series 1 Ranger

Post by Killbane »

and where is the resolution changed? :elma: :elma:
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

Killbane wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:52 am and where is the resolution changed? :elma: :elma:
It would need to be done in a picture editing program and saved.

@MaryNiko - Can you find the fan created Galaxy Ranger video game pictures? They look like they were from the old Atari-like system and those might be easily converted. If possible, finding the creator to ask permission would be good (I can do that if I know who it is).
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

Example:
Attachments
20190210_160212.jpg
20190210_160212.jpg (18.22 KiB) Viewed 4158 times
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

RB, I thought you were referring to the 3D images of the GR video game. the link of these images is: freelancer.is Of the photo of Gooseman that you have put, I only have what you see, the name of "Major Justice" (at that time I did not keep the links yet ...) I imagine that I found it on your dear Pinterest. Sorry.