UK action figures ad

Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

UK action figures ad

Post by Mark Lungo »

Much obliged to Vintage Toy Advertiser, who posted this on their Twitter feed. Two things to note:

1. The ad has better, longer character descriptions than the cheap little stickers on the toy packages.

2. The headline is sadly inaccurate, since the figures weren't available in the country where it all started. :o
Attachments
Galaxy Rangers action figures ad.jpg
Galaxy Rangers action figures ad.jpg (164.11 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Re: UK action figures ad

Post by RabbiBob »

Thanks!

I found it funny that Zach is riding "Mel" and Doc is riding "Z-100" (the series has those horses switched) and I don't have enough knowledge to say if, perhaps, the labels are simply wrong (I can't really tell one shiny horse from the other).
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Re: UK action figures ad

Post by Mark Lungo »

RabbiBob wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:58 am Thanks!
No problem!
RabbiBob wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:58 am I found it funny that Zach is riding "Mel" and Doc is riding "Z-100" (the series has those horses switched) and I don't have enough knowledge to say if, perhaps, the labels are simply wrong (I can't really tell one shiny horse from the other).
Neither can I--probably because (as I've noted before) the horses are all recycled from Galoob's Golden Girl line, despite the existence of show-accurate prototypes.
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."