Galoob catalog mystery

Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Galoob catalog mystery

Post by Mark Lungo »

Does anyone know where this Galoob catalog page is from? It's not from the 1986 catalog, because that didn't include Galaxy Rangers yet. It's also not from the 1987 catalog, at least not the version that I have. Can anyone solve this mystery?
Attachments
Galaxy Rangers Horses Jet Cycle and Guns.jpg
Galaxy Rangers Horses Jet Cycle and Guns.jpg (50.71 KiB) Viewed 4322 times
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Re: Galoob catalog mystery

Post by MaryNiko »

I got that photo from the catalog of prototypes, I got it from the page "in toys we trust". but I did not keep investigating about it.
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

I found a 1220x1456 version of it on Flickr and was able to read the descriptions. No idea on the date unfortunately.

Horses #5308

Recreate the action of the NEW TV cartoon show with the GALAXY RANGERS space steeds. Dread, Z-100, MEL, and TRITON. Fully articulated, they rear and gallop just like their TV counterparts. These battery-operated molded horses have light-up heads and an action switch which throws the rider off. Four Assorted.
The GALAXY RANGERS ZAP PACK can be fitted over the horses as saddlebags. When beamed with the light sensor, the rider flies from his horse and "hits the dirt."

Jet Cycle #5306

It's the fastest cycle in the galaxy! A replica of those seen on the NEW syndicated TV cartoon, the GALAXY RANGERS JET CYCLE really MOVES! Pull-back spring action starts cycle across floor with a GALAXY RANGER riding at lightning speed to catch "the bad guys" before the reach their space "hideout." Great Galaxy action!

Galaxy Rangers Guns

Real-looking guns to tame the space frontier! Child-sized GALAXY RANGERS guns, replicas of those used on the NEW TV cartoon show make GALAXY RANGERS of all ranger hopefuls.

Blaster #5320

Power-packed six shooter blasts the "bad guys" with water from a range of over twenty feet! Just pump it up and aim straight! Let me see ya dance, pardner!
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Post by Mark Lungo »

I tried to post the full size image here, but I got a message saying the file was too big so I reduced the size. Thanks for making the text readable, Bob!

To add to the mystery: You see how the horses on this catalog page are accurate to the TV show? In the 1987 catalog I have, the horses are the ones that were eventually released--repaints from Galoob's earlier Golden Girl line. Also, my 1987 catalog makes no mention of the Zap Pack/"hit the dirt" interactive feature, which sounds pretty cool.

P.S. That Jet Cycle? I want it. Now. I don't care if it never came out, I still want it. Anyone got a time machine?
"Commander, there's a man on that planet by the name of Hartford, trying to save the Tarkonians, and you, and me, and everyone who doesn't want to be a slave, pilgrim."
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

Mark Lungo wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:39 amI tried to post the full size image here, but I got a message saying the file was too big so I reduced the size.
I need to research the ability to disable hot-linking, then I may increase the limit. I want to keep the backup size manageable so I can keep copies in the cloud and I'm hosting\doing everything pretty much for free, which is a plus. If you would like, you can email the full size ones to me and I can resize or even add to the main site (the goal is to get most of this will be going there at some point anyway).
Mark Lungo wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:39 ammy 1987 catalog makes no mention of the Zap Pack/"hit the dirt" interactive feature, which sounds pretty cool.
Do the Galaxy Rangers start on page 72 by chance in your copy? I want to see if I'm looking at the same reference material you have (Galoob 1987, white cover, no mention of a season (fall\winter\etc).
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Post by Mark Lungo »

RabbiBob wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 amI need to research the ability to disable hot-linking, then I may increase the limit. I want to keep the backup size manageable so I can keep copies in the cloud and I'm hosting\doing everything pretty much for free, which is a plus. If you would like, you can email the full size ones to me and I can resize or even add to the main site (the goal is to get most of this will be going there at some point anyway).
Sounds like a plan!
RabbiBob wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 amDo the Galaxy Rangers start on page 72 by chance in your copy? I want to see if I'm looking at the same reference material you have (Galoob 1987, white cover, no mention of a season (fall\winter\etc).
Yes, the Galaxy Rangers section does start on page 72, although I'd describe the cover as more off-white. The catalog has "1 9 [Galoob logo] 8 7" embossed on the front cover, with the Galoob logo in gold. (See attached image.) No mention of a season. I can supply the table of contents if that would help. Image
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

Recieved an email response from SmurfMurf this weekend (Thank you!):

1549844896124591.jpg
1549844896124591.jpg (79.13 KiB) Viewed 4293 times
SmurfMurf wrote:So the photo comes from the Spring 1987 Trade catalogue from Galoob.
Mark Lungo
Black Hole Gang Member

Post by Mark Lungo »

Well, that settles that. Thanks, Bob and Murf! Maybe I can find the Spring 1987 catalog for sale somewhere, or maybe it's been posted online...
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

Well, I'm not so clear ... I give emotion to the subject?
the other day I saw a catalog in Portuguese of Galoob equal to French ... but in these images, it puts Ideal only, and it is where the prototypes of the horses are.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f81/15/97/18/05/catalo11.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f83/11/17/42/13/dscn7310.jpg

http://la-malle-aux-jouets.forumactif.o ... aloob-1986
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

In this forum, someone explains the subject of the prototypes of the horses, and the catalog. Solved case?

http://backintoys.forumactif.info/t80-g ... xy+Rangers