The good of The Captain Kidd

Discussions about the series itself.
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

The good of The Captain Kidd

Post by MaryNiko »

Well, I have to catalog Captain Kidd ... but I do not know whether to put him on the side of the good or the bad, because he starts being "bad" but they propose to be a collaborator of the Rangers ... so they accept ideas!
Killbane
Series 1 Ranger

Re: The good of The Captain Kidd

Post by Killbane »

I would label it as a wild card, so it allies with the queen and with the Rangers. :lol: :lol:
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

I have him currently as Neutral in the spreadsheet, but if add another level of modifier I believe I will be putting him in the Neutral Evil category.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment ... utral_evil

His actions in Phoenix (taking the human's offer and turning on the Queen) and other episodes show that he's in it for himself (Armada), willing to change sides based on the size of the offer (New Frontier), or ally himself with the group that can save his feathers (Traash). Luckily for the Rangers he tends to come around to the side or situation that helps the Rangers win!
Killbane
Series 1 Ranger

Post by Killbane »

I would define it more as chaotic bad
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

:shock: but ... go 2 you are! so you do not help me anything! I tell you if he is good or bad and you tell me he is neutral !!! ??? I mean, I doubted in 2, and now in 3? :evil: Ok ... I'll leave you as bad approaching good. :lol: :lol: Even so, Thanks!
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

:twisted: :lol:
RojDojRanger
Gherkin

Post by RojDojRanger »

If The Queen Of The Crown would forgive Captain Kidd for his failures/betrayals & offer him a very high paying job with little risk of his death, arrest by the Galaxy Rangers or getting pecked half-to-death by his mate HE WOULD TAKE THAT JOB!!! That is why the "good" captain should be defined as a bad character. He would choose a ship full of money over morals faster than you can say "Squeegie". :gv: Alignment : Chaotic Nuetral :gv:
To paraphrase my RojRule #3: Save the Bovo 6 poop for the cow pastures--not my Star Boots...
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

Hey RojDoj! This might be a good poll to put out later, maybe on Twitter and here during the March or April update?

IMHO, Chaotic Evil tends to be destructive and killing is something that isn't a problem. His interactions in Armada push me more towards Neutral Evil than Chaotic (else I think he would have tried to make the team a little smaller when they visited his home or at least flipped them the bird and not given up the secret to save Earth). Without thinking about it in depth, I'd put Killbane in the C.E. slot.
MaryNiko
Slaverlord

Post by MaryNiko »

I think it's like a simple mercenary who comes close to whoever is most interested in him, for money, star stones or to save his *** (life). What unsettles me is that they offered to belong, in one way or another, to the GR and help them. since it is because of her that Eliza is captured (and luckily that happened, otherwise there would be no series). Is Kidd a bad-good? or is Kidd good but need drags him to the side of the bad guys? It depends on the episode you see, it's good or bad: but with a reason. I mean it's not bad like McCross, Killbane ... rather Kidd is a bad Daisy Omega guy. He is from the group of bad guys for some reason.
RabbiBob
Site Admin

Post by RabbiBob »

RojDojRanger wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:29 am :gv: Alignment : Chaotic Nuetral :gv:
I totally misread this post earlier this morning!!!!

Now I'm thinking about Chaotic Neutral more!